Updated: Dec 10, 2018
What is microneedling? It is a non invasive skincare treatment that utilizes a derma roller with tiny needles to puncture and stimulate the skin. When the body sustains an injury, it heals itself by producing new collagen. Used properly, derma rolling causes the skin to go into repair mode and promotes cell regeneration. Which overall can help to improve acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles and other texture issues.
Microneedling has significantly less down time than other treatments like chemical peels. What was once an in-office dermatology treatment, can now be used safely at home. In recent years, many tools have flooded the market, so here are my top 10 features and benefits on why you should add this tool to your beauty routine!
1. Titanium needles that are water resistant
2. High quality - 540 needles with 0.25mm length; perfect for beginners
3. Most derma rollers costs under $30
4. Promotes collagen and elastin production which diminishes due to the aging process ( the larger the roller, the more it stimulates skin)
5. Helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
6. Can improve the appearance of stretch marks over time
7. Aids in better absorption of skincare products
8. Can reduce hyperpigmentation because skin brighteners can penetrate the dermis faster and it can also normalize melanocytes and control the abnormal formation of pigment
9. Improves acne scarring over time. (Do Not use on keloid scars)
10. Works with any of your existing products and ideal for self-care.
Some things you need to remember in order to get the best results are: you may bleed when using, but it's minimal with home use tools. You want to use your derma roller between 2 to 3 times per week; I recommend at nighttime so skin can repair during sleep. Also give it at least 4 to 6 weeks between treatments to see some results. And most importantly, disinfect your tool with alcohol before and after each use and never share it with anyone else. These are the basics, also follow the instructions that come with your individual tool as well.
So as a Licensed Esthetician I have the opportunity to use a variety of products....professionally and personally. My favorite derma roller is by Matykos and it is giving my skin life! I know you'll be just as happy with this brand as I am.
#healthyhabits #weddingselfcare #bridalbeauty #beautytips #makeup #makeupartisttips #brides #instagram #weddingbeautytips #wedding #skincare #skintreatments #selfcare #spatreatments #facialtreatments #antiaging #beautytools